This Germany Job seeker visa application process will guide you on the steps you need to take when you want to apply for a job visa in Germany. Are you good at what you do? Do you have the dream of going to Germany for a Job? Then here is an opportunity you shouldn’t miss for anything.
The process to apply for the Job Seeker Visa is simple and all you have to do is to adhere to the basic guidelines given right in this article and you are very much good to go.
The shortage of skilled workers in many sectors and professions in Germany, specifically in engineering, manufacturing, and the IT sectors, as well as health specialists, has pushed the Federal Government to try and find other solutions in order to fill the labor gaps. Which is a great opportunity for you if the aforementioned happens to be your field of study.
The Germany Job Seeker Visa is a German National long-stay visa that was established in 2012. The main idea is to lure more qualified experts from abroad to come to Germany to attend interviews and find a job.
Nationals of the following countries do not need to apply for a Jobseeker visa;
- EU/EEA countries.
- the Republic of Korea.*
- New Zealand.*
- United States of America.*
They must apply for a temporary residence permit upon their arrival in Berlin, directly at the Immigration Office.
Nationals of other countries need to first obtain a Job Seeker Visa in order to be able to enter Germany and search for employment.
Germany Job Seeker Visa – Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the visa, the applicant must fulfill the following criteria.
- Possess a Bachelor or Master’s Degree from a German university or an equivalent foreign degree.
- Have a relevant (a minimum of 5 years) of experience in your related field of interest/study.
- Show proof of travel or medical insurance for your entire stay in Germany or until you get your Work Permit.
- Show proof that you have sufficient funds to cover your whole stay in Germany.
Also, it is highly recommended that you have a German language liability.
Germany Job Visa Requirements
- A duly completed German long-stay visa application form.
- Your valid passport.
- Three (3) passport-style photos. The photos must be identical and be of high quality.
- A proof of accommodation in Germany during your job-seeking period.
- A proof of purchased health insurance policy for foreign workers in Germany.
- A cover letter. Explain the objective of your visit, how you plan to find employment, and your alternative career plans if you cannot find a job.
- A proof of academic qualification. Diploma of your degree or any other proof of academic qualification from a German or non-German university. Attach any certificates of previous work experiences as well.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- A proof of financial resources. This could be one of the following:
– Bank statement,
– A letter of sponsorship by another person, a combination of both, or a blocked bank account.
Have it in mind that all documents must be produced in German or English or together with a translation into German provided by a translator recognized by the embassy.
Germany Job Visa Application Process
The application procedure for a German Job Seeker visa is very similar to the application procedures for other types of German visas. To apply for a Germany Job Seeker visa, you need to follow these steps:
- Complete the German Job seeker visa application form.
- Make an appointment.
- Collect the required documents.
- Attend the interview.
- Pay the fees.
The process above is explained as thus;
Fill out an application form from your German Embassy office for the job seeker visa. After you have submitted the form, you will be booked an appointment for an interview. Your background and documents, application form, and interview will determine whether you will be granted the Germany job visa.
However, if you have any questions on this Germany Job Seeker Visa: German Jobs Visa Application Process, feel free to relate it with us by using the comment box below.