In this article, you’ll read about the scholarship that supports displaced students from anywhere in the world and trust me when I say that you can apply for the 2022 Columbia University Scholarship for free. All you have to do is to read through this write up and you’ll be very much good to go.
For students anywhere in the world that are unable to complete their education, this is a scholarship that you should not miss for anything. Applying for the university’s scholarship is easy and free. You just need to adhere to every steps given in this article and you’ll be done with your application successfully.
The Scholarship aims to shift the global dialogue surrounding displaced persons, from one that views them as a burden to one that recognizes them as vital contributors to global innovation and prosperity.
Columbia University Scholarship
The Scholarship for Displaced Students by Columbia University is an effort to combat this unprecedented humanitarian and economic loss by providing displaced students with the opportunity to pursue higher education at the University, one of the leading educational institutions in the world.
These students will receive up to full tuition, housing, and living assistance while pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees across all 19 Columbia schools and affiliates, reflecting Columbia’s full institutional commitment to addressing this global crisis.
The scholarship program will commit up to $6 million in support, per cohort, for up to 30 students each year. Mentoring and support will be provided by the Scholarship, as well as by schools and student groups at Columbia.
- scholarship is open to foreign nationals who ;
- Have refugee status living anywhere in the world
- Have received US asylum or submitted a US asylum application
- Are in the US under temporary protected status
- Are internally displaced persons
- Displaced Afghan students on Humanitarian parole or with special immigrant Visas are also now eligible for the scholarship. US permanent residents (green card holders, citizens, etc) are not eligible for the scholarship
- There are no age restrictions on the scholarship
Applicants must first apply directly to a columbia degree program listed. After submitting their degree application, applicants must then complete the scholarship application form.
Each school and program maintains their own acceptance requirements and application deadlines. Acceptance to an academic program Does Not guarantee funding through the scholarship (students may be accepted to an academic program but not receive funding through the scholarship)
Applicants must complete and submit their online Columbia degree application beofre submitting the scholarship form. Once the applicant creates their onpine Columbia degree application, they will receive an application ID / reference number through their Columbia school’s respective application system.
This Columbia application ID / reference number must be entered in the scholarship application form.
To Apply, carefully follow the steps below.
- Go to the scholarship application page
- Navigate down and click on “APPLY HERE” to access the application form
- Select the Columbia schoool you are applying for
- Answer the questions as seen on the page
- Under contact information, enter your first name, last name, email address, phone number, and address
- Enter your city and town, country
- Fill on your date of birth and other compulsory fields
- Click on Submit when you are done
Application Closing Date
Application deadline closing date varies by program, as you go on with application, you’ll see the particular program’s closing date.
Kindly share this 2022/23 Columbia University Scholarship for Displaced Students on your social media accounts so that others will know about it.